As You Wish

           In ninth grade, I was fortunate enough to have an incredible history teacher who made a subject that many could find boring, fascinating.  She intrigued us with tales of ancient civilizations and her enthusiasm brought out lots of curiosity.  I do remember a lot that she taught me, but I also remember a time when she quoted a movie (unfortunately I don't remember which quote!) of which I believe she was terrified we did not really know.  For some reason, the film, seemed to have just missed our generation, we were too young when the movie came out, and had no idea of the gem we had missed.
          I don't remember exactly how long it was after Mrs. Jacobs' mentioned The Princess Bride that I actually watched it, but it didn't take long for it to become a favorite and for me to understand why she seemed so horrified that none of us knew the film.
          When planning my time in the Peak District, I realized how many films were filmed in the area, which made me think of the Princess Bride, and I was lucky enough to discover parts of it were filmed close by.  In fact, Prince Humperdink's castle was only about 20 minutes away from me, in Haddon Hall.  Although the castle was added onto to make the film, there were several shots I recognized - which for a movie fan, certainly made my day!

See if you recognize these spots:




          Thank you, Mrs. Jacobs for all that you taught me, and of course for piquing my interest in this classic film!

Comments

  1. Love that movie and can picture the scenes that took place in these locations! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends