I've Arrived!

I'm here, I'm actually here! Woburn Sands is even more precious than I could have imagined, and everyone has been so very friendly and welcoming!

Kelly's sister, Karen and her boyfriend met me at the airport today, even greeting me with a lovely sign and a chocolate biscuit!

We enjoyed conversations of similarities and differences on our hour or so from Heathrow, showing even more so what a cultural exchange this is and how much we can all learn from one another. They took me on a walk around town, and I love that so much is in walking distance!

I spent the afternoon unpacking and settling in. Kelly and her very thoughtful friends left the place in beautiful shape and left plenty of little tidbits and fresh food.  I decided that the perfect way to end my first day here would be to walk down the street and pick up dinner.  And guess who greeted me along the way?

That's right, there are cats running about in this lovely little estate, so I'm already feeling at home!:)

Then, it was on to a healthy, traditional English meal...

where I met a future student's mum!

And so to cap off this wonderful first day, I decided to be even more stereotypical and watch Robin Hood! Cheers!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful adventure!! I am sure you will savor every moment....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends