Me and My Girl

After a glorious day in the Peak District and Derbyshire Dales, I treated myself to going to a play! In the center of Buxton stands the 110 year old Buxton Opera House, a beautiful theater reminding me of our own Alabama Theater with ornate ceilings, balconies and private boxes, but it was a great deal smaller. I got a front row seat to see a musical from the 1930's called "Me and My Girl." It was a very clever, funny, energetic story about a guy who had just found out he was heir to be an earl, and much like "My Fair Lady,"h he had to learn how to speak an act properly. But he wouldn't even consider moving on if he couldn't bring his girl, Sally Smith :), into this new life with him. It was a great way to end the day!

The ornate decorations of the theatre:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends