Gold!

When you're in a small town, it's amazing how much pride people seem to have-of the local cuisine, the award winning flower garden, whatever it might be. It is those precious things that make people beam.

The whole of Woburn Sands (a small town with a population somewhere between 2,500 and 5,000 according to various internet resources) seems to be gleaming-gleaming with gold that is! A young man from here, Greg Rutherford, claimed the gold medal in the long jump just a few weeks ago at the Olympics. The town, especially his street is covered with signs of pride and congratulations for Greg.

I'm already honored to call this place "home," as I show around a great friend and fellow Fulbrighter who arrived today, and I know I'm only just beginning to discover all of the wonderful things to be proud of here in Woburn Sands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends