Skirt

Six and a half years ago, I was wondering through the markets outside of the Arts Center in Christchurch, New Zealand when I came across a lady who made unique skirts.  The skirts were made up of different pieces of fabric pieced together to make one of a kind, funky skirts.  I bought two, one with an old ham bag sewn into it and another with a tea towel sewn into it.

When going through my closet, trying my best to pare down to the bare necessities, I came across the two skirts.  Because of their "funkiness" I don't wear them all too frequently, but they always make me happy, so I chose to bring one along.  The tea towel skirt is of the guards in front of Buckingham Palace, so how could I leave it behind!

It was only this morning, when putting on the skirt, that I realized the tea towel was actually in commemoration of the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977!  I had lots of compliments on the skirt today about how patriotic it was and how it must have been a new purchase!  How fun that it was actually just a foretelling from a previous adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends