Hugs

I got home today exhausted after a long, but good day at work.  My kids started the day by finishing up a science experiment which really surprised them and turned out even cooler than I expected, so that is always fun!  The kids did some great work on their newspaper articles about the wolf getting arrested for attempted murder of Little Red and her grandmother.  Some of the girls who I have been working with to present some fundraising ideas for a cause they are passionate about pitched their ideas to the head teacher and he was very impressed.  Then, to wrap up a good day of teaching and learning, I met with about 30 sets of parents to discuss their child's progress.

As I reached my door, I discovered a package leaning against the steps.  Packages are always nice, but I couldn't remember what I had ordered.  Then, I discovered it was something much more special than anything I could ever order.

I immediately sat down and opened the package full of letters, well wishes and even hugs from my friends, colleagues and even former kiddos back home.  I believe the package had actually been sent months ago, and got lost in black-postal-hole, but it finally arrived and could not have been more perfect!


I sat and read the notes, filling my heart with warmth and joy, and yes, I even hugged the life-size cut-outs feeling the love that was sent with them.  Thank you, my Shades Cahaba family, for the hugs, and the blessings that you each are in my life!

Comments

  1. WEll may I had one more hug????? I'm so glad you are having such a wonderful year!!!
    Bises,
    V

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends