Enjoying My "Home" Town

I've spent so many weekends away this year, that I haven't spent nearly as much time enjoying this adorable little village as I should.  This weekend, I took full advantage of some of the joys it has to offer.

Yesterday was the annual folk festival.  The festival was an all day event held on a field at the edge of the village.  It was a free event, so people were coming and going throughout the day, enjoying the warm sunshine on one of the hottest days of the year.  People brought their own chairs, blankets, coolers, picnics and enjoyed new local artists every half hour.  I spent the day with friends from the area enjoying laughs, cool drinks and the bright rays.

Our "camp" site

While at the festival, Janet took me up to her allotment.  There are plots of land near this field that people from the village own, giving them a place to grow their own fruit, flowers and vegetables.  Janet even had ripe raspberries and let me take a big box of them home!  How lovely!


Last night, Charlotte and I went to support a couple of our pupils who were in a local production of Oliver!  The kids were adorable, and the leading roles of Nancy and Fagan were really spectacular.  I came home with "Consider Yourself" and "I'd do Anything" stuck in my head even as I closed my eyes.

Today, I spent most of the day inside, tidying up, doing some school work and checking in on my baby dove.  At one point today both mom and dad had left the nest and I got to see him all on his own.  He is so adorably ugly right now, and seems to have already grown a lot.


This really is a lovely little place and I'm thrilled to have some time here to enjoy this, my current home town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends