SATs Results

About a month and a half ago, our Year 6s took the dreaded SATs tests.  These tests are of similar nature to the standardized tests I do with my kids back home, but the format is very different.  These results, just like back home, are not only a reflection on the pupils, but also on the teachers and the school.

This week, the scores came in and they were really spectacular!  The Year 6 pupils did a great job in maths, reading and grammar!  Today, I got to see my pupils scores and I am really incredibly proud of them!  I'm also thrilled that I'm not a weak link in the chain!  Testing is stressful for everyone involved, and it was especially stressful to me as I was trying to learn the best way to prepare the kids for a format I myself was unfamiliar with.  I can in absolutely no way take credit for these kids as they've had years of great teaching to get them to these levels, but I was just really thrilled to learn that my class did not bring the average scores down.

I called the pupils up one by one to tell them their scores and the designated level that they had earned.  Many of them were stunned at their results, especially the one boy in my class who got one of the highest scores in the school by only missing two marks on his reading test!  They were thrilled with their scores and very proud of themselves.  I really enjoyed getting to share in the excitement that they all deserved; what a fun day of teaching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends