London in July

I may pop back to London one day or evening over the next few weeks, but this was my last weekend away to London.  I have absolutely fallen in love with the city this year.  I'm not sure what it is about London, but there is an atmosphere there, an air of wonder, elegance, and even a touch of magic.  It's a city I once found overwhelming, but now feel quite at home in while riding the tube or walking leisurely about.  I've enjoyed the historic parts of downtown London as well as the pockets of quiet charm scattered throughout the huge city.  It has been a joy to get to know the city and learn of it's many hidden charms!

It was also a wonderful final weekend with some really good friends.  My fellow Fulbrighters have been such a gift to me this year - a support system and a crew of traveling partners.  It was a joy to spend one last weekend with them enjoying the beauty and magic the city has to offer!

I got my letter to Hogwarts! 

Camden

Locks at Camden

A lot of our time was spent on the tube, traveling to all of those places we wanted to see again or for the first time.  I have learned to love the tube and the public transportation in this country!


A very posh tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace

It was very difficult to fit all of our food and beverages onto our table!

Kensington Palace and Gardens

Stephanie, Queen Victoria and Kensington Palace


We went to Portobello Road this morning for some shopping along the street market.
Enjoying some delicious cupcakes at Hummingbird Bakery!

Piccadilly Circus and Regent Street

And look who we met!
I grew up in the country and could never imagine being a true city girl, but I've loved getting to know London this year!  I think I will always feel at home in this glorious city!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends