PB & J

Back home, in America, if you told someone you had never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, people would probably gawk at you and may even begin asking what planet you were from.  Here, it seems to almost be the opposite.

Stephanie, my fellow Fulbrighter, said she had taken PB&J sandwiches to the staff at her school and what a huge hit they had been.  So, I copied her idea and yesterday, I took a load of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into the staff room.


Most of the staff tried these classic sandwiches for the very first time yesterday.  Many of them enjoyed the sandwiches, but some found our custom very odd.  I must say that to the Brits, this sandwich sounds very unappetizing as "jelly" is our Jell-O, so I don't really blame some of them for turning up their noses at the mere thought of them.

It is just one of those many differences that we, even 11 months into, continue to discover about one another! 

Who ever thought I'd be introducing a group of adults to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends