Thanksgiving Celebrations

I had a blast celebrating Thanksgiving with my American Studies class this afternoon!  We ate sweet potato casserole, decorated turkey cookies, read a Thanksgiving story, made "thankful" turkeys and watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving.

As you can only imagine, decorating cookies was a huge hit.  The icing was often piled an inch high, but the biggest hit was the candy corn that I had to special order as most of the kids had never had them!






The children really seemed to enjoy it and I believe that they understood what the holiday is all about.  It's a time to be with those we love and give thanks for all of the many blessings we have in our lives, and I've got so very many things to be thankful for!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Senegal

007

Good-byes