Compliments

A little compliment makes us all feel good.  It is amazing what a few little words can do for a person!  Today, I asked my pupils to take some time and write a kind word about each of their peers.  I encouraged them not to use the word "nice" and to find unique things about their peers rather than general comments.  Tonight, I cut all of the papers up and will hand out all of the unanimous compliments that the pupils gave one another.

I was really impressed with some of the compliments.  Some of the kids really know one another and really appreciate each other's unique, fun qualities.  I think that reading through these compliments tomorrow will not only remind them of how wonderful they truly are, but remind them that their peers also value them.

I hope little compliments as simple as "niss hair" and "like his pencil case" will help to make someone's day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Round Abouts, One Lane Roads, and Clutches - Oh My!

Good-byes

Another Adventure!