Mama, Papa and Baby Dove

The last couple of nights have been rather chilly (last night, the low was around 2), so even the doves decided to huddle together for warmth.




This photo was taken today.  He's about ten days old now, and I'm fairly certain we couldn't squeeze him back into that egg if we tried!  The feathers are beginning to come in, but I'm still not sure I'd recognize him as a dove unless I knew who his parents were.

For someone who is used to having someone greet her when she comes home, I've thoroughly enjoyed checking on this little guy at the end of my busy days.  He's not as furry as the special little guy who used to greet me, but he's a joy to see, no matter what.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends