Smiley Face Cookie

If you are a Birmingham (Alabama), at the mention of a smiley face cookie, the tips of your lips rise in a smile. Savages Bakery is a staple in the Birmingham area and their bright orange cookies have been treats for generations of those who wander through the bakery doors. I love going in the bakery, watching children linger at the display as they overlook the smorgasbord of deliciousness smudging the glass with their hands and faces. Today I received a box from my parents and inside I found a box full of those treasures!

No wonder they are called smiley face cookies; they certainly brought a smile to my face! And if my new co-workers are lucky, I won't eat them all tonight and I can share some tomorrow!:)

And on a side note... A man in the grocery store asked where I was from. When I responded with "Alabama," he asked: "have you ever heard of a man named Lynyrd Skynyrd?" Why yes, in fact I have!:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends