Mufti Day

Typically, my students are dressed incredibly smartly in their school uniforms: a white button up shirt, a navy jumper(sweater), a green and navy striped tie, black trousers or skirts and black shoes. But today was Mufti Day! I remember mufti days in New Zealand-days when students didn't have to wear their uniforms-although I'm still unsure of where the term comes from. Today's Mufti Day was for a good cause: a father of two Fulbrook students passed away several years ago in the middle of a bike race that was raising money for a hospice organization. So, any one who wanted to wear something besides their school uniform was asked to bring in one pound, and well, I didn't see a single kid in his/her uniform!

It was fun to see the kids in their own brightly colored clothes showing off their own fashion sense!

As I was giving instructions for how we would do this photo, I made the mistake and said, "I just want to see your shoes, socks and pants." That brought up a laugh and I remembered that "pants" are underwear here. I corrected myself and made sure the students understood that I did not want their PANTS in the photo, but rather their TROUSERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends