The Moral of the Story

Last week, I gave my year 6 English class an assignment. They were to do a synopsis of a short story; perhaps a fairy tale they knew really well, a picture book, or something similar. They were to give a basic summary including the characters and the moral of the story.

While I wouldn't necessarily call myself very religious, I consider myself to be a very faithful person, seeking guidance and support from up above, believing and hoping in a power much greater than myself that watches over us all.

Today, when looking over the collected assignments, I came across one written about Cinderella. It's amazing how the words of a child, even the misspelled words of a child, can seem profound. I'm so very thankful to have the opportunity to work with children each and every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Day of School

Good-byes

A Letter to My Family and Friends