Fairy Cakes

Tomorrow we are having a special "Race at Your Place" event. Race for Life, very similar to Relay for Life, is happening all over the country this time of year raising money for cancer research. As an extra fund raiser, we're having a cake sale. At home a bake sale is made up of mainly cookies and some cupcakes. Here, a cake sale mainly consists of fairy cakes. Now, I have no idea why they are called fairy cakes, but perhaps it would be fun to make up a reason, so let's just go with the idea that the fairies come into the kitchen at night and sprinkle magic dust on them!:)

Fairy cakes are a very basic cupcake recipe, so people were very surprised when I said I had never made them. The year 5s make them in the food classroom at school, so I decided I could too! So with a dash of my own flavor and homemade pink buttercream icing, I made my very first batch of fairy cakes! Let's hope the fairies stop by tonight to add their magic touch!;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Round Abouts, One Lane Roads, and Clutches - Oh My!

Good-byes

The Second Day of School