Farewell Edinburgh!

After bidding my friends a fond farewell, I wandered up Calton Hill on this beautiful sunny morning to get a glimpse of the city. I was feeling a bit nostalgic this morning; I've been fortunate enough to go Scotland three times in the last six months and I absolutely love it! Today was my last time there, for this time around anyway. It was a quiet, sunny Sunday morning with blue skies and puffy white clouds hanging over the old stone city. The city, with no high rises and many of the buildings made of the same stone, is truly beautiful! The surrounding hills and impressive castle add to the beauty and charm of this old city.

I went back to The Elephant House for breakfast. I have been to Edinburgh three times and this was my fourth time to The Elephant House.
It's one of those great cafe places with a unique character, but that's just a small part of why I love it. It was in this cafe that JK Rowlings sat hour upon hour, sipping her coffee slowly for she couldn't afford many cups, creating that boy wizard that brought magic back into the world. Sitting in the cafe, I feel inspired, magical and in the presence of true creativity. I love being in there and the feeling it gives me!
My toast smeared with peanut butter, bananas and honey alongside my chocolate milk added to the good feelings this place gives off!

Before I left though, I had to make a stop in the bathroom, where I could stay for hours reading-not due to an upset stomach-but because of all of the messages of love and appreciation for JK that are written on the walls, including my own:

After a wee bit of shopping I boarded my train where I spent most of my day. I love traveling by train! The ride is very smooth, the seats are comfortable, the views are great, and I don't have to drive! It's so peaceful! I spent a lot of time gazing out of the window at rolling green fields, stone walls, ponies grazing, crisp white lambs chasing after their mothers or basking in the sun, fields of yellow flowers and picturesque little towns.

These photos, taken with my phone through a window on a speedy train don't do it justice!

Whenever I wasn't in a daze watching the glorious countryside go by, I did some marking. Ah, the past time of a teacher!;) Thankfully, many of them made me smile, such as this moral lesson written at the end of one of my boy's stories:
Tomorrow, I begin my last stretch of teaching in the UK. This year has absolutely flown!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good-byes

The Second Day of School

A Letter to My Family and Friends