Finding a Treasure!

This evening, I was packing for the year 5 residential trip and decided I needed my bigger suitcase, one that I haven't used since August.  After a little bit of struggle, I was able to pull down the two larger suitcases from the top of the wardrobe.  The one I wanted, being a wee bit smaller than the other was tucked inside the larger one.  So, after pulling it out, I opened the suitcase to find a note taped to the inside from my father.


In January, the day my parents left, they stayed in the flat for about two hours before their car arrived while I was to school.  They used this time to leave behind little notes for me to find.  Many of which were found in the first couple of weeks, but some of them I found just a month or so ago.  My dad was very sneaky to hide this note in a suitcase which was inside another suitcase on top of my wardrobe.  He knew it would stretch out the findings of these wonderful little notes, reminders of just how lucky I am to have such incredibly loving and supportive parents!  

I'm not quite packing for home, but I will be soon!  Although the good-byes and the ending of this year will be difficult, I'm certainly eager to be back in their arms again!

Comments

  1. This made me cry. Enjoy your time with your wonderful family and hug your dad extra hard for me. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Round Abouts, One Lane Roads, and Clutches - Oh My!

Good-byes

The Second Day of School