Loving Woburn

My weekend plans changed last minute, but I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend at home, catching up on some work and on some rest.  I took a break from my work today and popped down to the neighboring village of Woburn.  I have really fallen in love with the village (just like I have fallen in love with my own!).  It is a lovely, posh village with nice shops, nice pubs, nice antique centers and lovely old stone buildings.


There was a farmer's market today, so I made the most of it and purchased sour-dough bread, pesto cheese, fresh spinach, vine-ripened tomatoes, caramel fudge and a pork-walnut-cheese pie!  It was a joy to make my purchases from so many different small vendors.  Since I was in town, I saw no reason to pass up venturing in all of the unique shops along the high street and the craft fair that was going on in the village hall.  I made a big purchase for myself that I had been considering, but I hadn't found just the right one.  Today, I heard it calling my name!  As my parents are artists, I love supporting artists.  I found a hand-made polka dotted glass cake tray that I fell in love with!  I was thrilled with all of my purchases in the village.


Since I was out for a drive and it wasn't raining, I decided to also pop into Woburn Abbey.  My parents gave me the wonderful gift of a year's membership there and I have certainly made the most of it.  I love feeling so at home there, knowing where things are and feeling like I can just stop by.  What a treat to get to feel so at home in such a beautiful little English village!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Round Abouts, One Lane Roads, and Clutches - Oh My!

Good-byes

The Second Day of School