It happened...

I didn't think this day would come.  I've always been pretty stubborn and able to resist peer pressure, but that changed today.  Perhaps it was because I was tired, and I let my guard down.  I'm a southern girl, how could I allow this to happen?

I came home from school a little early today as I was exhausted and the dark clouds looked quite ominous.  I came upstairs, kicked off my shoes and then it happened... I did something I never thought I would do... I turned the kettle on and fixed myself a cup of tea!  I NEVER thought this day would come.  I don't like tea, and even at that, we southern girls only drink our tea over ice.  But, I must admit, over the past few months, I've started falling for the fruit teas... I even found myself enjoying a couple of cups this past weekend just to fill my insides with warmth.  Today though was the first time I have ever been at home and fixed myself a cup of tea.


Now that my year is drawing to a close, I'm finally starting to fit in with these lovely Brits!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good-byes

The Second Day of School

A Letter to My Family and Friends