Leslie Visits!

Back in February, I had the pleasure of going to visit a fellow Pell Citian in Sarajevo.  Leslie and her family were wonderful hosts for me as I visited an intriguing place that I otherwise would not have visited.  Leslie, who is now expecting her second child, flew into London for a quick trip and a doctor's visit.  I was thrilled that she wanted to come visit the countryside on her short trip, so I could show her some of my favorite things about where I am living.  We were able to coordinate it so that I could pick her up from the train station at lunch, drop her off at Woburn Abbey to explore and have afternoon tea (which I hated missing!) while I went back to school for the afternoon.

Woburn Abbey

Deer Park at Woburn Abbey
 I gave Leslie a brief tour of some of the lovely little villages around here including some yellow fields, near-naked sheep, and thatched roof houses just to give her a taste of the English countryside.  After a pub dinner and a wonderful catch up, she headed back towards London.  How fun to have an international friend from home come visit! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good-byes

The Second Day of School

A Letter to My Family and Friends