Summer Solstice

When I was much younger, I had a friend who would always say, "My birthday is June 21st, the longest day of the year." I always thought her mom just told her that either because she got to celebrate her birthday longer or she was referring to how long she had been in labor.

But no, it is true. We in the Northern Hemisphere, celebrate 21st as the day of the year with the longest daylight hours, the official beginning of summer. In my current home, I'm enjoying long summer days that almost make up for the incredibly short winter ones. But here in Belfast, even further north, we had an even longer day, over 17 hours!


So of course we made the most of our evening together, starting with a delicious pub meal with a lot of the Fulbright gang followed by some pub-hopping as we followed the sounds of traditional Irish music.

I feel so incredibly blessed to be part of this amazing group of people and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Round Abouts, One Lane Roads, and Clutches - Oh My!

Good-byes

The Second Day of School