Year 5 Derbyshire Trip in Pictures

 Just a few photos from our travels this week!
Warwick Castle from atop the tallest tower 
A bald eagle at the falcon show at Warwick Castle

Conker's Discovery Park not only had wonderful activities for the children, but also some adorable little babies!
This little lady was one of my favorites because she looked like this most of the time with her eyes closed and hissing at us.  I asked the "bird lady" about the owl, wondering if she was just old and craggy.  As it turns out, she is like this all the time.  Apparently, she was raised in a kitchen and feels that whenever she sees people, she should be fed!

This lovely lady was the youngest in the bunch.  I believe she thought she was hiding behind her post.

"Catching" a falcon

I have ridden toboggans in New Zealand, Austria, and now England!  They are so much fun!

The teachers, of course, took full advantage of the fun as well!


This little penguin was at the Twycross Zoo.  After watching her bathe for a few minutes, one of my pupils said, "Miss Smith, what is that, some sort of little seal?"


After watching the prairie dogs for a few minutes, one of my kiddos said, "If there is some sort of after life, I want to come back as one of them!"
Enjoying some "liquid gold" ad Cadbury World


I truly enjoyed making discoveries in this fascinating country, right alongside my pupils.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Round Abouts, One Lane Roads, and Clutches - Oh My!

Good-byes

The Second Day of School