Kid in a Candy Shop

I am in no way a chocolate connoisseur, nor have I ever been one to eat a lot of chocolate, but this year, I have thoroughly enjoyed a variety of chocolates, most of which has been Cadbury.  In the US, Hershey's has sort of a monopoly on chocolate, just as Cadbury's has one here.

Today, on our way home, we went to Cadbury World.  Now, I must admit that I was sort of hoping for a Willy Wonka factory where I could drink the chocolate river and eat the chocolate bark off the trees.  It was not quite that exciting, but as far as the real world goes, it was pretty amazing!


The factory tour took us through the history of cocoa beans, how Mr. Cadbury created the the famous dairy milk chocolate bar, how the factory built up its own town and how the chocolate is made and distributed.  The entire factory smelled of chocolate; the deeper in we went, the richer the smell was.  Perhaps, heaven smells of daffodils, gardenias and fresh chocolate!  At two different points throughout our tour, we received not only free candy bars, but also liquid gold: we were each given cups of melted Cadbury chocolate.  I was a little sorry to be touring the factory with the kids, because I felt I had to be mature and not lick the entire contents of the cup, although the temptation to do so was very strong!  It was absolutely delicious!  One of my tastings was poured over crispy bits of shortcake biscuits... ahhhh!


Feeling (or perhaps just being!) like a kid in a candy shop was a wonderful end to a great week of being with the kids!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Round Abouts, One Lane Roads, and Clutches - Oh My!

Good-byes

The Second Day of School